What's even better is that close by this pristine island paradise is Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co. The restaurant/cafe is an established business and Lake Huron Fish and Chips is known for their fish and chips. Obviously!
What you might not know, however, is that the ownership has recently changed hands. Along with the new ownership comes new ideas, new faces, and new energy. I imagine Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co. will become a hub of excitement and quite possibly be "the place to be" in Providence Bay!
Matthew Garniss (the owner) has brought in some healthy additions to the menu. He has included a veggie sandwich and a variety of juices (among other options). My favourite by far are the Naked Smoothies!
Though standard fare at any fish and chips joint is fish and chips, if fish isn't your cup of tea, there are other options as well. The hamburgers are HOMEMADE and made from LOCAL ground beef. How amazing is that?!
The fries? Hand cut!
Breakfast is also offered. At the moment, bagels, muffins, cookies and coffee are offered beginning at 7AM. Lunch starts at 11AM and closing time is at 7PM.
- Location: 20 McNevin St., Providence Bay, (Manitoulin Island) Ontario
- Phone: 705.377.4500
- Wed - Thurs: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Fri - Sun: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
In celebration of the grand opening of Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co. (under new management and ownership), they are offering a great giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a FREE meal at Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co. (1 piece fish and chips and drink or 1 hamburger, fries and drink)!
How to Win!
1. MANDATORY: Just go to Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co.'s fan page on Facebook and check out the food! Come back here and leave me a comment and tell me what you'd like to eat there! How fun is that?! :)
2. Go to the Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co. Facebook fan page and "like" it. How easy is that?! You must come back here and let me know that you've done this.
3. Tweet the contest on Twitter. Let me know that you've done this by leaving me the link here.
4. Follow me on Twitter @chancesmommy. Let me know that you've done this by leaving me a message here.
5. Follow me via Google Friend Connect and let me know in a message here :)
6. Grab my button (on my sidebar) and make sure to send me the link to where you've posted it.
Good luck! I know you'll enjoy visiting Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co.! A great meal and a lovely walk on the boardwalk...How much better can life get? You will really enjoy the friendly service and the great food!
Their motto is tried and true! Come for the food. Stay for the charm!
Contest runs until June 30, 2010! Winner will be chosen at random.
All photos are property of Lake Huron Fish and Chips Co.