Friday, January 15, 2010

I Love You, Neti

Oh, yes it's true!
I love you, Neti.
And, this is true.
When I'm not near you,
I'm blue.
Oh, Neti!
I love you!

There are certain things in life that are so very private and intimate that you sometimes don't even want to share them with your spouse.

My love affair with my Neti is one of those things.

I was introduced to my fair Neti a few years ago. A friend highly recommended Neti and sent her my way. We have been inseparable ever since.

Neti and I have had our quiet, special moments together. Just her and I. In the bathroom. In the kitchen. Hovering over the sink.

My husband has seen Neti before, but he has never witnessed the special relationship we share. At least, not until today.

I accidentally left the bathroom door open while Neti and I were doing our thing. I didn't notice Hubby standing in the door way in silence.

"Having fun, honey?"

I gasped. I was caught red-handed. I didn't know whether to be embarrassed or not. After all, this was a very normal, natural thing. Why should I be embarrassed?

I suffer from allergies and sinus related issues. When you live on a farm, apparently you are not supposed to be allergic to anything. My Neti Pot has helped me tremendously with my sinuses and allergies. I have to admit, that it was a relief for me that my husband actually witnessed me with Neti! Now I don't feel like I need to use the Neti Pot in secrecy anymore. The process is kind of gross, but the result? You're left feeling oh-so-clean and refreshed!

*Photo from Google Images*