Monday, June 14, 2010

Loco for Loco Beanz!!!


The Island has a lot of wonderful, breathtaking, spectacular things to offer. We've got the Bridal Veil Falls, the Cup and Saucer hiking trails, the gorgeous beach and boardwalk at Providence Bay, and so much more.

One thing about the Island though, is that there are no chain franchises like McDonald's, Tim Horton's, Starbucks, or Kentucky Fried Chicken. In my opinion, that is the beauty of the Island. I absolutely love that we support local businesses. It adds to the charm and "feel" of the Island. There are many Mom and Pop type shops and eating establishments. Each has its own distinct character.

Coming from the city, I do admit that I have a weak spot. I sometimes miss my Tim Horton's breakfasts and coffee/hot chocolate. The good news, however, is that Manitoulin Island has its own coffee house!

Loco Beanz Coffee House offers regular and specialty coffees and teas. They've got unique beverages, meals, treats and gift items. With three locations (in Gore Bay, Little Current, and Manitowaning), islanders and visitors can treat themselves to a rich cup of organic, Fair Trade coffee and grilled pesto chicken on flatbread. Personally, I'm a fan of the Chocolate Banana Smoothies! YUM!

You can also get delicious baked goods and organic/fair trade chocolate at Loco Beanz. Only the finest quality ingredients go into the scrumptious treats you'd buy at Loco Beanz. It is *the* place to hang out when in Gore Bay, Little Current and Manitowaning!

The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Loco Beanz is the kind of place one would consider home away from home!

You can purchase packages/bags of specialty coffee to enjoy in your own home. They have several different types to choose from. A favourite pick from coffee connoisseurs is the fair trade organic dark roast.

As a special treat for one lucky blog reader, Loco Beanz is sponsoring a contest on my blog! Loco Beanz will be giving one lucky reader 1 lb of organic/fair trade coffee.

BUY IT!

Head on over to Loco Beanz and treat yourself to a hot or cold beverage and something delicious to snack on. Their flat bread sandwiches and wraps are really good! If you go to Loco Beanz, leave me a comment and let me know what your favourite item on the menu is! I know there are a lot of hardcore Loco Beanz fans out there! :) I'm one of them!

WIN IT!

(Mandatory)
To enter the contest, simply go to the Loco Beanz Facebook page and "join" their Fan Page. You must come back here and leave me a message to let me know that you clicked "join" on their Fan Page.

Extra chances to win:
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (let me know in a separate comment that you've done this).
- Follow me on Twitter (@chancesmommy) and let me know in a comment that you've done this.
- Tweet this (and let me know).
- Grab my button (on my sidebar) and post it on your blog. Please include the link to where you posted it.

Good luck, everyone! This contest ends on July 9, 2010 (12AM-EDT). Open to Canadian residents only.

23 comments:

  1. I clicked Join on their fan page. Hoping that is the same thing? Let me know if there is a "like" somewhere that I missed and I will head on back:)
    modernmom at rocket mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on twitter!
    SassyModernMom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tweeted your contest to my followers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined their Facebook fan page. Hope I win! I love coffee!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog!

    I have enjoyed a coffee or two from Loco Beanz recently! Everyone I talk to says London Fog is great, that is the next thing I plan to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrr. I just left a long comment about coffee, and then when I tried to click the box to do the word verification, the page shifted at JUST the wrong time, and I clicked the add below, and clicked away from your page, and the comment was lost. Do those ads pay well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want want want want want this prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I joined the Loco Beanz Facebook page. (Amy M)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am following you on Twitter @glogirl3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tweet:
    https://twitter.com/glogirl3/status/16975370023

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love and joined Loco beanz!!!Di

    ReplyDelete
  12. I joined the fan page! What a fun contest. I, too, love supporting local businesses. And *love* coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I joined the Loco Beans Facebook Fan Page

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Google Friend Connect Follower

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twitter Follower (Mom2GMC)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tweeted - http://twitter.com/Mom2GMC/statuses/17435772776

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have your button on my blog (www.beingmom1.blogspot.com)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. i already a fan, love the coffee.

    mommy of 5

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geesh! I can't believe I never came back here to say Woo Hoo! I'm so excited and can't wait for my coffee to arrive:) Thanks C!!

    ReplyDelete