Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crazy for KIOKKO!

One thing  you should know about me is that I absolutely looooooooove beautiful fabric and paper. When I was teaching and living in Japan, I fell in love with the stunning material that was used in making kimonos and yukatas. I also fell in love with Japanese paper. Some friends thought it was funny that I'd just go shopping for stationery or origami paper. I couldn't help it!

What an art to create something so beautiful!


This fetish--obsession love of beautiful fabric has been carried on and even my toddler is now obsessed with pretty fabric and designs.

When I "met" KIOKKO Baby Couture, I  knew it was a friendship made in Heaven. Awesome Mommy+Lover of beautiful fabric and all things for baby=My soul sista! I don't even know how we "met"! The internet is an amazing thing! I mean, if you think of all the millions of blogs and sites online, it's amazing how we meet the people we meet.

Anyway, back to my obsession. I have won an amazing blanket from KIOKKO. KIOKKO's blankets are super soft and over-sized. There are tons of prints/designs to choose from. Each blanket features premium designer cotton and is lined with super soft minky fabric to make this a very cozy blanket for your baby. They're great for in the car, on the go, for snuggling, for swaddling...

I also entered a KIOKKO contest where fans got to name a pacifier clip from KIOKKO's line of linen pacifier clips.
These clips are made with imported Japanese ribbon. The clasps are made with lead-free metal. My suggestion for one of the names was chosen!! I called that particular pacifier clip "Tomodachi", which means "Friend" in Japanese. Can you spot the clip I named? Pretty cute, don't you think?

Little One received some beautiful washcloths from KIOKKO. I know that probably sounds odd calling washcloths beautiful! They are sooooooo beautiful!
What I love about KIOKKO Eco-washcloths is that they are so thick! All the other washcloths that Little One has are so thin and so tiny. These Eco-Washcloths and Eco-Mini Washcloths  are super thick and super soft! Perfect for washing your baby's delicate skin! On one side, there is premium designer cotton, and on the other, thick, absorbent terry cloth. These washcloths are super strong, durable...and, did I mention pretty???

Like I said, my toddler LOVES her washcloths. Too funny. Yes, we're cultivating a new generation of fabric lovers. She goes around the house with her washcloths and says, "Ooooh! Pretty!"
I got a new mommy some washcloths and a super cool bib for her baby shower. KIOKKO has so many beautiful items that it's so hard to choose!

One last KIOKKO item I am absolutely crazy for is the mitten clip. Well, I should say *clips* because they come in twos! The mitten clips are similar to the pacifier clips, but are shorter and come in pairs. These are the most fabulous things ever created! The problem with mittens is that they get lost so easily. The toddler has a way of taking off her mitts all the time. We had mittens with the string that runs through each sleeve of her coat, but that really freaked me out. All I could think of was "Safety Hazard" or "Accidental Strangulation"! I know, pretty grim. Hey, it's a reality though. Those things can happen! Kids can get stuck and strangled by those old school mitten strings. This is the same reason I don't let me toddler wear a scarf. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I'm just saying that these mitten clips are a great alternative!

The mitten clips are made with beautiful high quality grosgrain ribbon. The clasps are lead-free rounded metal clasps with a plastic insert so that they are gentle on clothing. Have I told you how much I LOVE these mitten clips?

Everyone comments on how gorgeous Little One's mitten clips are and ask where I got them. KIOKKO Baby Couture, of course!

Do you want a pair of mitten clips for your little one? How about a bib? Blanket? Set of washcloths? Well, you are in luck. KIOKKO Baby Couture is giving one of my lucky readers a $25 e-gift certificate! How cool is that?

To Enter:
Go over to KIOKKO Baby Couture and let me know in a comment here which item you absolutely love! (4 entries)

*For each entry, please leave a separate comment. Also, please include your e-mail address in each entry so I can contact you if you win).

Additional Entries:

1. "Like" KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook and let them know I sent  you! (2 entries)
2. Follow KIOKKO on Twitter and let them know I told you to say hello! (2 entries)
3. Tweet this giveaway (1 entry per tweet, 1 tweet per day)
4. "Like" Random Thoughts and Musings on the Island REVIEWS on Facebook (2 entries)
5. Follow me on Twitter @chancesmommy (2 entries)
6. Follow me via Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
7. Grab my button and leave me the link for where I can find it (1 entry)
8. Follow via NetworkedBlogs (1 entry)

Contest open to residents of Canada and the U.S.  Ends March 31, 2011!

69 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zoology Washcloth Set (entry #1)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zoology Washcloth Set (entry #2)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zoology Washcloth Set (entry #3)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zoology Washcloth Set (entry #4)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "Like" KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook and let them know you sent me!(entry #1)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "Like" KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook and let them know you sent me!(entry #2)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I "follow KIOKKO Baby Couture on Twitter and let them know you sent me to say "hello"! - http://twitter.com/Mom2GMC/statuses/48426921637314560(entry #1)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I "follow KIOKKO Baby Couture on Twitter and let them know you sent me to say "hello"! - http://twitter.com/Mom2GMC/statuses/48426921637314560(entry #2)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I "Like" Random Thoughts and Musings on the Island REVIEWS on Facebook (entry #1)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I "Like" Random Thoughts and Musings on the Island REVIEWS on Facebook (entry #2)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow you on Twitter (@mom2gmc)(entry #)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow you on Twitter (@mom2gmc)(entry #2)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have your button (www.beingmom1.blogspot.com)

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Follow via NetworkedBlogs

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tweeted - http://twitter.com/Mom2GMC/statuses/48436230303649792

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Groovy Guitar washcloths. (Entry #1)

    dhunter at musician dot org

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Groovy Guitar washcloths. (Entry #2)

    dhunter at musician dot org

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Groovy Guitar washcloths. (Entry #3)

    dhunter at musician dot org

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Groovy Guitar washcloths. (Entry #4)

    dhunter at musician dot org

    ReplyDelete
  20. um, I just love the fabric=) pls go and check out my blog... just scroll down a few till u get to the 'fabulous news' post. (and I am not trying to brag, just happy)
    and the first week of April, how is your schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the Sweet Tooth Cupcakes Burp Cloth Set.
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the Sweet Tooth Cupcakes Burp Cloth Set. #2
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the Sweet Tooth Cupcakes Burp Cloth Set. #3
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the Sweet Tooth Cupcakes Burp Cloth Set. #4
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i like the sweet tooth cupcake bib! #1

    ReplyDelete
  26. i like the sweet tooth cupcake bib! #2

    ReplyDelete
  27. i like the sweet tooth cupcake bib! #3

    ReplyDelete
  28. i like the sweet tooth cupcake bib! #4

    ReplyDelete
  29. liked KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook! #1

    ReplyDelete
  30. liked KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook! #2

    ReplyDelete
  31. already liked Random thouughts and musings from the island review! #1

    ReplyDelete
  32. already liked random thoughts and musings from the island review on facebook! #2

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the Black Dandy Damask Blanket

    deadxinside at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the Black Dandy Damask Blanket

    deadxinside at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the Black Dandy Damask Blanket

    deadxinside at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the Black Dandy Damask Blanket

    deadxinside at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. liked them on fb and said you sent me
    krystal b

    deadxinside at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. liked them on fb and said you sent me
    krystal b

    deadxinside at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the Jungle Jumble Washcloth Set

    entry #1

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the Jungle Jumble Washcloth Set

    entry #2

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Jungle Jumble Washcloth Set

    entry #3

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the Jungle Jumble Washcloth Set

    entry #4

    cherdon@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  43. Like" KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook and let them know you sent me :-)

    username is cheryl hodgkins

    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  44. Like" KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook and let them know you sent me :-)

    username is cheryl hodgkins

    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  45. Follow KIOKKO on Twitter and let them know you told me to say hello

    username is iamcherdon

    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  46. Follow KIOKKO on Twitter and let them know you told me to say hello

    username is iamcherdon

    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  47. "Like" Random Thoughts and Musings on the Island REVIEWS on Facebook

    username is cheryl hodgkins

    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  48. "Like" Random Thoughts and Musings on the Island REVIEWS on Facebook

    username is cheryl hodgkins

    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  49. tweet

    http://twitter.com/iamcherdon/status/49824551982469120

    ReplyDelete
  50. Follow you on Twitter @chancesmommy

    username is iamcherdon

    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  51. Follow you on Twitter @chancesmommy

    username is iamcherdon

    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  52. Follow you via Google Friend Connect

    username is cherdon

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the facecoths.

    Also:
    ~"Like" KIOKKO Baby Couture on Facebook and let them know you sent me.
    ~"Liked" Random Thoughts and Musings on the Island REVIEWS on Facebook
    ~Followed you via Google Friend Connect

    ReplyDelete
  54. Daily tweet - http://twitter.com/Mom2GMC/statuses/49962138147622912

    arctic_teacher AT yahoo DOT ca

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the Eco-Mini Washcloths! They look like they would be great wipes, and I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar Abstract Dots print fabric.
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com
    1

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the Eco-Mini Washcloths! They look like they would be great wipes, and I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar Abstract Dots print fabric.
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com
    2

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the Eco-Mini Washcloths! They look like they would be great wipes, and I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar Abstract Dots print fabric.
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com
    3

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the Eco-Mini Washcloths! They look like they would be great wipes, and I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar Abstract Dots print fabric.
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com
    4

    ReplyDelete
  59. Like KIOKKO on facebook and said you sent me (Kirsten T..) 1
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Like KIOKKO on facebook and said you sent me (Kirsten T..) 2
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Follow KIOKKO on twitter and said hello (@LaydieAphrodite)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Follow KIOKKO on twitter and said hello (@LaydieAphrodite)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com
    2

    ReplyDelete
  63. Tweeted
    http://twitter.com/#!/LaydieAphrodite/status/51497577862004736
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Like your review page on facebook (Kirsten T..) 1
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Like your review page on facebook (Kirsten T..) 2
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Follow you on twitter (@LaydieAphrodite)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Follow you on twitter (@LaydieAphrodite) 2
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. Follow you on GFC
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete