Now that I have my own little family, I'm even more diligent about what I bring into our household. It really is true that parenthood changes the way we view the world sometimes. We become so much more aware of the impact of our actions. This is the same when it comes to our choices in products that we bring into our homes.
Making sure we have safe products is important to me, especially since our daughter was a preemie. Her immune system was compromised since she was born so early and to this day, she is susceptible to catching whatever colds or sicknesses are going around.
I have to say until now, I hadn't really found any environmentally friendly products that I truly, truly loved. Then, Mom Central introduced me to Seventh Generation.
Seventh Generation believes their products are healthy solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets, and people in your home, as well as the community and environment outside of it. From their development, production, purchase, use, and disposal, Seventh Generation products make a difference.
Seventh Generation products available in Canada include:
* Free & Clear Diapers (sizes 1-6)
* Free & Clear Diaper Wipes (tubs and refills)
* Natural 2X Concentrated Laundry Detergent
* Natural Fabric Softener
* Chlorine Free Bleach
* Natural Dish Liquid
* Automatic Dishwasher Gel
* Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Powder
* Automatic Dishwasher Detergent Concentrated Pacs
* Natural Household Cleaners
* Paper Products (bath tissue and paper towels)
For those of you who have babies/toddlers still in diapers, you'll be happy to know that Seventh Generation has our babies' in mind too. Little One is still in diapers and I am excited about the Free & Clear diapers and wipes! They provide premium absorbency, and soft, cloth-like comfort. I love that they are free of fragrances, as well as chemicals like chlorine.The diapers are lighter weight, yet still provide premium absorption. The lighter weight core diapers mean less waste in landfill space!
I am happy to say that I am now a 7thGen Nation member. You can join too! Simply sign up here:
http://ca.seventhgeneration.com/community_ca As a Nation member, you’ll have access to coupons, special offers and great tips for green and healthy living.
Seventh Generation is giving one of my readers a chance to WIN
a 100% organic cotton Seventh Gen Eco lunch bag as well as coupons for a FREE package of Seventh Generation Free & Clear Diapers, Free & Clear Baby Wipes and dish washing products!
- Contest is open to Canadian Residents only
- The contest will run from Aug. 23 – Sept.16 at 11:59 ET.
- One winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified at the email address used upon entry.
- The winner will have 48 hrs to respond and failure to do so will result in a new winner selection.
For additional entries: (please leave a separate comment for EACH entry)
* Follow @SeventhGen and @chancesmommy on Twitter and tweet the following:
"Enter to win eco-friendly products from Seventh Generation via @chancesmommy & @SeventhGen http://nblo.gs/m2X1S #giveaway #SeventhGenCanada" (2 entries)
* Follow me on Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
* Follow Random Thoughts and Musings from the Island REVIEWS on NetworkedBlogs (1 entry)
Good luck, everyone!
Pssst! If you're on Facebook, why not drop by the Seventh Generation and Random Thoughts from the Island REVIEWS pages and say hello?
Disclosure – I am participating in the Seventh Generation program by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.