That was back in the late 70's - early 80's.
Dad's lunchbox looked something like this:
As kids, my brother and I used to tote our lunch boxes to school for lunch. I had a metal Holly Hobbie lunch box and Thermos. I also had a Strawberry Shortcake one.Middle Bro had two lunch boxes as well. Thunder Cats and Transformers.
I find it quite amazing that decades later, we're still using Thermos products! I mean, that is a true testament to the Thermos quality. Though I love the vintage lunch box sets, the new Thermos products are fabulous!
Thermos makes everything from coolers, insulated grocery bags, food jars, hydration bottles to lunch kits!
Thermos sent me this awesome Urban Elements™ Upright Lunch Kit to review.Features:
- Iso-Tec™ superior insulation keeps food fresh
- Heat-sealed, leak-proof PEVA lining
- Multiple storage pockets
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Durable, easy-care fabric
The liner is great. It really does keep food and drinks cooler for longer! When we go out, I always pack food and drinks for Little One. This is perfect!Thermos also sent me a Vacuum Insulated Food Jar to test.
- TherMax® double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold.
- Retains cold temperatures for 9 hours, hot - for 7 hours.
- Unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior.
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweatproof with cold.
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl.
- Full-size telescoping stainless steel spoon.
Now, here's a funny story. My friend was at our house when I was testing the products. Without reading the instructions for the telescoping spoon first, we dismantled the whole thing! When we couldn't put it back together, we went on a rant about how impractical that spoon was. Along comes Hubby, seeing our distress and quickly demonstrates how to operate the telescoping spoon.
Thermos, it was a user error and nothing to do with you. Clearly, reading instructions beforehand is a good idea!
Hubby laughed because there was a sticker on the spoon that very clearly reads: slide to use spoon (or something to that effect).
Of course, Thermos didn't want to leave Little One out and sent her something special too!A Princess Lunch Kit with FUNtainer Food Jar and FUNtainer Bottle! The FUNtainer Food Jar and bottle are perfect for kids, because:
- TherMax® double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold
- Kid-proof design: unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior withstands daily wear and tear
- Extra wide mouth is easy to fill, serve from and clean
- Cool to the touch with hot foods
- Fun designs appeal to kids!
- Sweat-proof design won’t leave water rings
- Non-slip, scratch-resistant base
The good folks at Thermos wanted to give one lucky reader something too! A Hannah Montana Thermos Lunch Kit with FUNtainer food jar and FUNtainer bottle!
If you have a special little girl in your house (or if you know a special little girl), enter to win this amazing prize!
(Mandatory) Follow @ThermosBrand on Twitter! Leave me a message here and let me know that you've done this.
For each entry, please leave a separate comment.
- Follow me @chancesmommy on Twitter and Tweet this contest.
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (on my sidebar).
- "Like" Random Thoughts and Musings from the Island REVIEWS on Facebook.
- Grab my button (html code on my sidebar) and post it on your blog. Please send me the link to where you posted it, so I can find you :)
Good luck everyone! Contest ends August 21, 2010. Canadian and U.S. residents only.
I received these products from Thermos to review on my blog. The opinions and thoughts on this blog are my own.