Friday, August 13, 2010

For Sensitive Tushies!


Years from now, my blog may no longer exist, but one thing is for sure...

Little One is going to be totally unimpressed with her Mama if she happens to stumble upon this post!

Little One has very sensitive skin. She's always had sensitive skin. This might be TMI, but when she poops a lot or when she is teething, she seems to break out in a diaper rash. Her diaper rashes are not pretty. They're really red and painful looking. So painful that she cries SCREAMS when I try to clean her. **Surprisingly, that facial expression in the photo above is not of Little One screaming. That's actually her scrunchy/HAPPY face!!!**

Thankfully, MomCentral sent us a kit with A+D products to try! In the kit there is one tube of A+D Diaper Rash Ointment and one tube of A+D Diaper Rash Cream.
The A+D Diaper Rash Ointment helps prevent diaper rash from occurring by creating a barrier between baby's skin and diaper moisture. It can be used at every diaper change to prevent diaper rash. A+D Diaper Rash Ointment is dermatologist tested and the formula is paraben-free.

The A+D Diaper Rash Cream can treat diaper rashes, should your child suffer from them. Aside from the zinc oxide, which many diaper rash creams include, A+D is also enriched with aloe vera and vitamins A and D. The aloe vera hydrates and the vitamins A and D moisturize. Again, this product is dermatologist tested and paraben-free.

I have been using the ointment to prevent Little One from getting diaper rash. So far, so good! She did have some redness a few days ago from a combination of A) lots of poopy diapers in one day, B) teething (although some claim that there is no correlation between teething and diaper rashes, I beg to differ!), and C) the heat! With the hot temperature, Little One seems to break out more. The A+D cream worked wonders. The redness disappeared the very next day.

Some helpful info from A+D:
- Change wet and soiled diapers promptly.
- Thoroughly cleanse diaper area, including creases and folds.
- Carefully blot your baby with a washcloth. Avoid rubbing, as it may irritate baby's delicate skin.
- Apply a generous layer of A+D Diaper Rash Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area, and folds of thighs at every diaper changing (to prevent diaper rash).
- Give a liberal coating of A+D Diaper Rash Cream to entire diaper area at every diaper change (if treating diaper rash).

I received an A+D Diaper Rash Protection and Treatment Kit from Mom Central to test/try out. The opinions and thoughts on my blog are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Glad I don't need these tips anymore. We always used Butt Paste :) I am following you back from Hop Along Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belly Charms:
    Thanks for the follow! I'm adding your button to my faves here...as soon as I finish typing this comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sent an email that I will receiving this too - looking forward to it! My guy get a rash during teething times and I expect another tooth any time now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn:
    Ooooh! Let me know when you get it and what you think! Little One gets rashes too when she's teething. Last week she had a really red bum and the A+D worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete