Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bear Paws: Peanut-Free Crackers That Kids Love

 
I always said that I would never give Little One any food that wasn't homemade by me. She was never to eat anything from a box, bag, carton, can...You get the idea. Wow. That was a ridiculously lofty aspiration. It was fine when I was taking a break from teaching and was able to make all of her baby food. However, now that she's a toddler and I'm back at work, I am just pressed for time all the time.

I am always on the lookout for healthy, wholesome, great tasting snacks. Now, I don't feel as guilty about giving her snacks like crackers or biscuits. They're also a lifesaver in the van. They're not too messy and she can help herself to her snack bag. I am still very careful about what we feed her. I worry about the amount of sodium, sugar and all the "extras" that "convenient" food contains.

There's also a history of nut allergies on Hubby's side of the family, so I want to avoid exposing Little One to nuts (although, I have a sneaky suspicion that she has been introduced to nuts already). This said, I am very careful about what goes into Little One's body. Not only that, but many products are made in facilities that are not nut-free. Many foods can contain traces of nuts and nut products.

When I was asked to sample Dare Bear Paws kids' crackers, I was excited to see how they tasted and what ingredients were used to make them. Dare has been a company that I trust, as it is Canadian-owned and operated, and has been giving Canadians quality products for the past 119 years! I feel comfortable knowing that if I don't have time to make Little One's treats, at least I can count on Dare to offer wholesome snacks.
I'm even happier knowing that Dare's Bear Paws and all Dare products are made in nut-free facilities. Did you know that Dare became one of Canada's first peanut-free food manufacturers back in 2004?
For reviewing purposes, we were sent a box of each of the Bear Paws kids' cracker flavours: Cheddar Cheese, Vegetable, and Original. Our package also contained the Dare bear colouring pages, stickers, and Crayons for Little One. I cannot tell you how excited my toddler was to receive this package!

She excitedly yelled, "CRACKER! CRACKER!" and wanted to try the snacks out immediately! She enjoyed all of the flavours, but her favourite was the Cheddar Cheese. That didn't surprise me, since Little One loves cheese! Hubby really likes the Original flavour, and I am quite partial to the Vegetable flavour. It's a good thing we got to try out all three flavours!
The Bear Paws kids' crackers are the perfect bite-sized snack to bring to daycare, grandparents' house, school, trips, car rides, etc. They are the perfect size for kids and fit nicely in little containers in lunchboxes and snack bags.

Not only are the crackers peanut-free, but they are:
- Low in saturated fat
- Good source of folate
- Source of vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Source of vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- No trans fat
- No artificial flavours

They retail for around $2.49 at grocery stores and mass merchandise stores across Canada.

Disclosure- I received Cheddar Cheese, Vegetable, and Original flavour Bear Paws kids' crackers on behalf of Dare Foods for reviewing purposes. All the opinions and ideas on this blog are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment