Though a new shirt or pair of pants for dinners and outings would be my first choice for him...or maybe a new laptop or TV, Hubby is a simple man and would rather just have tools and man toys.
Good thing Master Lock has a variety of items to make any guy feel like a kid in a candy shop. I know. You're asking yourself, "Is this woman serious? Master Lock items for Christmas gifts?"
I remember when I was a teenager and my Dad gave me a compass for Christmas. I was really, really upset. It was a family joke, because I always got lost (and still do!). I'm terrible with directions (even with a GPS!). Dad knew it and got me a compass because of it. Back then, I didn't see the value (or humour!) in his gift. Now, I find practical gifts are fabulous!
I know my husband would definitely appreciate the variety of products Master Lock has.
First up is the Master Lock security chest. The security chest is the black box in the above photo.
- Large locking security chest with fire retardant insulation
- 4" (10.2cm) x 13-1/4" (33.7cm) x 10-3/4" (27.3cm)
- Durable steel construction stands up to daily use
- Key lock to protect and secure your personal documents
- Fits standard-size documents
- Handle for convenient carrying
- Includes 2 keys
Best Used For:
- Cash Handling & Document Storage
Master Lock Select Access Portable Key Safe.
- Compact portable key safe
- Holds 1-2 keys for house or car in a convenient location for regular use
- Portable over the door knob for convenience
- Set-your-own 3-digit combination for keyless convenience
- 2-3/4" (70mm) wide durable metal construction
- Flexible cover protects combination dials from weather, dirt and grime
- Vinyl coated shackle prevents scratching
Best Used For:
- Key Safes
The Magnum. This is like the King of all locks. It's strong, durable, and is made for maximum pry-resistance! Hubby has already put this lock to use! His tools and equipment are now safe-guarded.
- Magnum® #1 Choice of Professionals
- 2-1/2” (64mm) wide solid body padlock
- Tough-Cut™ octagonal boron-carbide shackle is 50% harder than hardened steel
- 2" (51mm) maximum shackle clearance for more uses
- Ball bearing locking for maximum pry resistance
- Covered keyway for maximum weather protection
- Reinforced body bumper for scratch resistance
- 5-pin cylinder for maximum pick resistance
- Removable cylinder - ability to rekey your lock
Best Used For:
- Residential Gates & Fences
- Sheds, Workshops & Garages
- Storage Lockers
- Tool Chests & Tool Boxes
Letter and number combinations that you can personalize is a really great idea. I still have my high school lock from back in the day and I can still remember my combination. There were days when I was still a high school student and couldn't remember my combo. I was happy to see that Master Lock has that new feature for personalizing combos. That makes things so much easier to remember! With all the passwords and codes we have in our busy lives with e-mail accounts, bank accounts, etc...It's good to be able to have locks with codes that we can easily remember.
You probably wouldn't have thought to add these to your Holiday list, but if you have someone on your list who appreciates a practical gift, these are great! I know my husband really, really likes and appreciates all the products we were sent and is putting them to good use!
For more product information, visit the Master Lock Website. For where to buy Master Lock products, click here. For the latest news about MLC, "like" them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!
* Disclosure - We were sent a variety of Master Lock products to facilitate this review. All thoughts and opinions on this blog are honest and our own.